- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
18th April 2013
YOU ARE INVITED to be part of Dave & Carole’s LIVE broadcast from Sprecher’s indoor beer garden this Friday, April 19th, 6am-10am.
Along with their morning hijinks, Dave & Carole will interview Sprecher brewmaster Craig Burge, local personalities and maybe a celebrity or two. But the fun doesn’t stop there. North Star Bistro will serve killer Black Bavarian Burritos, and the Hilton’s Anchorage restaurant will dish up its signature Bread Pudding made with Sprecher Russian Imperial Stout and accented by a caramel sauce infused with Sprecher Hard Root Beer. Mmmm, breakfast of the stars. And it’s all FREE!
Stop in, be a part of Milwaukee’s popular morning radio show and enjoy some great eats and beers in Milwaukee’s original microbrewery.
Sprecher is located at 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale, WI. Doors open at 6am.
15th October 2012
Rooty had a fun weekend in the Big Apple– New York City– land of bright lights, big dreams, fashion trendsetters, investment bankers and a little bit of Wisconsin.
After walking several blocks he tried to trade some Root Beer and Rooty charm for a free Rickshaw ride. That didn’t work so he proceeded to the hot dog cart hoping for a bite of a genuine NYC hot dog. Alas, the vendor wasn’t ready to serve so Rooty wandered across the street to visit with a horse whose pulls a carriage (full of tourists) for a living. Unable to talk the price down to something Rooty could afford (free), Rooty decided to hang for a bit and keep the horse company.
On Sunday morning Rooty headed to the celebrated Kettle of Fish (57 Christopher St.) to watch the Packers play the Colts. As many people know, and many Wisconsinites set their alarm clocks for, the Kettle is the place to go for Packer games. Word of warning: all though the news is out, in case you weren’t previously aware, get there early or you’ll never get in.
All the bartenders and waitresses at the Kettle do a great job
at keeping Packer fans happy. They sell Sprecher Special Amber, Black Bavarian and Root Beer; have cheese and sausage to snack on; and you get a Usinger’s brat with your entry ticket. Including and beyond these goodies, the Kettle during a Packers game is a cultural experience. Another chorus of “I Love My Green Bay Packers,” anyone? Owners of the Kettle, Patrick and Adrienne, have put Wisconsin on the NYC map (in a good way).
06th March 2011
The contest is over and now it’s time to vote on the best taglines we’ve received for Abbey Triple and Black Bavarian. The five best submissions are listed below. Please pick one favorite for Black Bavarian and one for Abbey Triple then send your vote to taglines@sprecherbrewery. Voting will close Friday, March 11, 2011 at 5pm CST. Cheers, and may the best taglines win. N.b. Maximum 3 votes from a given email address/peron will be counted so please do not vote more than 3 times.
1. One Word: Smooth
3. Welcome to the Dark Side
4. So dark and complex, you’ll think you just tasted lager perfection.
5. The sunshine of darkness.
1. Three times the Abbey for three times the taste!
2. Strikingly unique taste of a beer! “a must drink!!!”
3. Pour Another
4. Triple the Pleasure, Triple the Fun
5. Your prayers, answered
15th February 2011
Fans of Sprecher Black Bavarian and Sprecher Abbey Triple, what do you think of when you drink these beers? Is it something clever, something pithy, something memorable? We’re interested in what you have to say and we’d love your ideas for the ideal tagline for each beer. So much so that we’re hosting our first online contests, one for a Sprecher Black Bavarian tagline and one for a Sprecher Abbey Triple tagline.
1. You must be at least 21 to enter and you must be a resident of the continental United States.
2. If your tagline is selected, we will issue you a $100 gift certificate to be used in the Sprecher Gift Shop or online store. Furthermore, we’ll give you big props on our social media sites. We will promote you and your winning tagline on www.sprecherbrewery.com, the Sprecher facebook page, the Sprecher twitter page, and this blog in exchange for complete legal copyright and trademark rights of the chosen tagline.
3. The rules of the contest may change at anytime(e.g. deadlines may be extended).
4. The tagline must not be in use, trademarked or copyrighted by any other entity.
5. No other strings are attached. Normal fairness rules apply—if multiple people come up with the same tagline and we choose it, the first person who posted is the winner.
1. Sprecher Brewing Company’s meta tagline is “Remarkably Good Taste.” We’re now scratching our heads trying to think of something that makes people think specifically of Black Bavarian and Abbey Triple. “Damn that’s good beer!” isn’t quite specific enough. So we’re reaching out to our consumers for input.
2. You have until February 23rd, 2011 to send us your tagline.
3. Entries and contact information should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review all submissions and publish the leading candidates on this blog and on our facebook site for a vote.
4. Winner(s) will be notified via email. If you are not notified by email, you did not win so please do not contact us.
5. Winning taglines will be published on Sprecher Brewing Company’s social media sites along with a bio of the winner.