Sprecher Brewing Company celebrates Milwaukee’s Craft Beer Week 2013 with numerous samplings, tap takeovers, trivia contests, prize giveaways and more throughout the metro area. All events are free and open to the public.
This is a great opportunity to sample a wide range of award-winning Sprecher beers as well as visit some cool places throughout the city and a little beyond. Most events happen in the evening with one exception. WKLH’s Dave and Carol will host a live broadcast from Sprecher’s beer garden on Friday, April 19, 6am-10am. Stop in for some on-air fun, good eats (e.g., Black Bavarian Burritos) provided by North Star Restaurant and catering.
Sunday, April 14
• 2-4pm Sneesby’s Denoon Saloon, W198 S10857 Racine Ave., Muskego: Sample a variety of Sprecher Beers and Sprecher Hard Root Beer.
• 3-5pm, The Standard, 1751 Franklin Pl, Milwaukee: Sprecher Sampling featuring Abbey Triple.
Monday, April 15
• 7-9pm, Maxwells,W63 N699 Cedarburg: Buy 1 Get 1 Burger, $8 pitchers of Sprecher beer. Free sampling of Sprecher Hard Root Beer and a variety of Sprecher beers.
Tuesday, April 16
• 6-8pm, Sobelman’s, 1900 W. St. Paul, Milwaukee: Sprecher night with lots of samples.
• 6-9pm, World of Beer, 1300 E. Brady St., Milwaukee: Sample Sprecher Bourbon Barrel Aged Beers and a variety of others. Beer trivia, prizes, brewery giveaways.
• 8-10pm, Hooligan’s, 2017 E. North Ave, Milwaukee: Sprecher Sampling. Beer/Sports trivia. Brewery giveaways.
Wednesday, April 17
• 6-8pm, Libby Montana’s, 5616 W. Donges Bay Rd, Mequon: Sprecher Beer Sampling and giveaways.
• 6-8pm, Pourman’s, 1127 N. Water St, Milwaukee: Sprecher Tap Takeover.
• 6-8pm, Riverwest Public House, 815 E. Locust St., Milwaukee: Sprecher Beer Tasting Party.
• 6-8pm, Tonic Tavern, 2335 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Bay View: Local Love – Sprecher Tap Takeover, sampling, brewery giveaways.
• 8:30-10:30, Taylor & Dun’s, 10365 N. Cedarburg Rd: Trivia Night featuring Sprecher Beer Samples.
• 9-11pm, Impala Cocktail Lounge, 701 E. Center St., Milwaukee: Local Love – Sprecher Sampling.
Thursday, April 18
• 6-8pm, Three Lions Pub, 4015 N. Oakland Ave., Shorewood: Sports trivia, prizes, brewery gear and Sprecher Beer Sampling.
• 6-8pm, Barley Pop, N116 W16137 Main St., Germantown, Sprecher Beer Sampling.
• 6-9pm, Camelot Golf Course, W192 State Rd., Lomira: Sprecher Beer Sampling, free food, food and beer pairing tips, giveaways
• 7:30-9:30pm, Sir James Pub, 316 N. Franklin St., Port Washington: Sprecher Tap Takeover.
Friday, April 19
• 6-9am, Sprecher Brewery, 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale: WKLH – Dave and Carol’s Workforce Tour. Join Dave and Carol as they broadcast live from Sprecher’s beer garden. Enjoy Black Bavarian burritos and other treats from North Star Catering, meet Sprecher’s brewmaster and other members of the Sprecher team.
• 7-8:30pm, Highland House, 12741 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon: Fryday Fish Fry featuring Sprecher Special Amber beer batter, Sprecher beer sampling, Sprecher Hard Root Beer.
• 7-9pm, Bennos, 7413 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis: Fryday Fish Fry, Sprecher Beer Sampling.
Saturday, April 20
• 4-6pm, Groppis, 1441 E. Russell Ave, Bay View: Sprecher Growler Specials and Sprecher Beer Sampling.
• 8pm-close, Burnhearts, 2599 S. Logan, Bay View: Cocktails featuring Sprecher sodas, Sprecher Hard Root Beer Floats, music, free Sprecher Beer Flavored Kettle Chips.
Maker of award-winning beers and gourmet sodas, Sprecher Brewing Company is Milwaukee’s first brewery since Prohibition. Established in 1985, Sprecher remains a leader in Wisconsin’s craft brewing industry.